Society, Trends and Schooling

ED 5210 Nature of School and Society

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Teachers Attitudes Towards Technology

I think that a teacher’s attitude toward technology definitely plays a large role in which technology is implemented into the classroom. Every day, computer technologies are becoming increasingly vast. Yet, computer proficiency is not keeping up at the rate that technology is growing. Many only use computers and technology for tutorials, gaming, word processing, e-mails and web searches, leaving its true potential, as instructional instruments, behind. As with anybody, a certain level of knowledge is required to confidently and successfully use relevant technologies in the classroom. After all, we all know computers are a time saving means to accomplish a task more efficiently. As for me, I am glad to be learning more about what technology has to offer, it puts me a step ahead of my competition. Now, I only wish I had taken typing back in high school.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home